Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Chronicles of Amazing Mema #23

Faith is the personal reality of things we cannot see or touch but have a sure hope of in the future. When a person carries this hope around in their heart the evidence is always unmistakable, clearly recognizable by words and actions.
Mema is, and has been all of my life, a person of unshakeable faith and hope. She was raised in that kind of faith but it's more than a family hand-me-down like an outgrown dress or still wearable pair of shoes.
On February 2, 1995 she wrote about that hope we all have in Jesus. Since this is quite long I will divide it into three parts. She titled it "EVERLASTING TOUCH".

"The Everlasting Touch is the good life and I am thankful to have lived it with a wonderful husband for fifty four and one half years. He was a devoted Christian man and loved his family above all on this earth. He was a scholarly student of God's word, the Holy Bible. We learned much from his guidance and he counseled many people over the seventy four years of his life.
When we study and put it into practice, it is the good life. The precepts and principles from God make a person happy and free. Can't improve on them. Learning the first chapter in Genesis gives us a great beginning to learn of God's creation. I have known Genesis`1:1 all my life. We memorized it together and now in my later years at 75+, it still remains important to me and sustains my life in the faith of Jesus Christ and his church.
This first verse in God's Holy Word takes me to John 3:16. God SO loved that he provided all mankind with everything we need for the "Good Life"! It takes a lot of years of living to know by experience of God's love for everyone. Jesus loved us even while we were yet sinners. OH! but the love of God is the greatest life to live on his earth and in heaven.
I have never read the Bible through in my lifetime but have learned to study it from cover to cover and NO ONE can ever master its contents. Every lesson or sermon I hear just amazes me that although I have studied the Bible all my life, I still learn something new from every passage I memorized long ago. They are part of my life - renewed over and over again. The Lord's Prayer is one I learned from early childhood days and it still blesses me every day of my life. Jesus taught his disciples to pray and to me it is EVERLASTING."

One thing I feel I have missed out on is never hearing my Mom pray. The theology our family embraced from several generations back did not allow women to pray out loud when men were present. I'm not sure my grandfather or my father believed it was such a huge sin for a woman to pray out loud in the presence of men, it just was never done that I am aware of. So, I've never heard my mother pray. Makes me kind of sad because I am absolutely certain she would have prayed as good or better than most men.

I am thankful to my heavenly Father that all of my children, their spouses and their children have heard their mother and grandmother PRAY OUT LOUD IN THEIR PRESENCE! OFTEN! I am thankful that both of our grown daughters pray often in our family gatherings. In fact when we were all together for Thanksgiving dinner last year I asked one of the young granddaughters to offer thanks for our food. She honored my request with a sweet honesty that touched every heart, including I'm sure, the heart of the One to whom that prayer was directed. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment