Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Chronicles of Amazing Mema #24

After my Dad left us in 1991 Mema obviously spent many days reading through his Bible and the lessons he taught in Bible classes. She had collected a full file folder of the handwritten notes he had used to teach his classes and they were special for her and still are to all of us. In 1995 she began to write a long retrospective of many Bible passages she had memorized and continued to learn from. I share here the second installment of what she titled - "Everlasting Touch".

"Harold taught 1 Corinthians 13 to a lot of people in classes and his Bible shows he studied hard. He just about wore the New Testament pages out and I glued it together. I bought this Bible for his birthday June 6, 1970. He has really enjoyed his Bible. He has underscored many lines and now I study them too. He marked every line in the book of Jude. God's divine word made him a beautiful, happy life here in south Marshall county Kentucky.
How beautiful it is to learn all the necessary ingredients for happy, wholesome living and learning from our master teacher Jesus Christ. His gospel is good news to a lost and dying world. My prayer is for all our family to keep in the way of righteousness and never lose our Everlasting Touch in the Lord.
Harold marked many passages in Psalms. These were a great part of his life. They give strength and courage to know as David did that God is always in control. Faith to a Christian is a great key to our lives. The Bible is our Everlasting Touch of God in our lives. We give thanks always as we trust and serve him."

When I was a young husband, father and preacher my Dad often called me on Sunday mornings just to encourage me. After asking about all the kids and the Rose, he would say something like "What are you preaching on today?" We would then briefly discuss it and he always would tell me "Sounds like a good one". We lived away from Kentucky for a lot of years in many far away cities so those phone calls were always a special opportunity to connect with my primary spiritual mentor.

I am now very grateful to Amazing Mema for holding him up to all of our family and sharing her memories with us in her journals. She idolized him in every way and always made sure he got the best piece of fried chicken. They were something to behold. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment