Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Chronicles of Amazing Mema #22

Over the last four years that the Rose and I have lived with Mema we have enjoyed and been blessed through her singing. Until a year ago she woke up singing, sang through most meals and I often heard her singing late at night in her bed. In fact just this week the activity director at the nursing home told me she has been entertaining the staff and residents with her singing. She can only remember a few words of most songs but she still has that spirit and still loves to entertain.

On June 8, 2001 she wrote about her love of singing, especially hymns. She grew up in a singing family on all sides and has passed that on to her own family. Breaking out the hymnals and singing for an hour or two has always been a big part of our family gatherings. I recorded some of those times and am thankful to still be able to hear my Dad, Mom and even Grandma Lottye and Rosie's Dad, Papa Joe, singing in our basement when they all came to Detroit for a Thanksgiving visit.

Here is what Mom wrote, which she titled - "WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE"

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face, the one who saved me by his grace;
When he takes me by the hand and leads me to the promised land,
What a day, glorious day, that will be!

This song lives in my mind sometimes and inspires me to sing it. I was born into the Pace and Darnall family who were great singers, and when I became a Sutherland they were also good singers. Harold and I invited people to our house many times and we would sing together. What joyful times in our family singing many years. Our home has always been open to many family and friends eating and singing together which is a bond of love and appreciation for the good things life has to offer.
This year Harold has been gone 10 years and life goes on for me and all our wonderful family scattered her and there all over the country. But I'm never sad or have regrets. Life is too short to be unhappy about anything. LIVE and be HAPPY!
I haven't seen a doctor for over two years now and I hope my health holds out. Being 82 and no doctor's appointments is a MIRACLE. I eat every four hours and sleep eight hours every night which is the greatest blessing, REST AND FOOD!!
I have the GREATEST FAMILY of approximately 34 people in the WHOLE WORLD! Missing Harold more and more after 10 years alone in his house. But every memory is good. So much happiness prevails. NO BAD MEMORIES makes my life worth living."

Jesus made an everlasting promise to all who would believe and trust in him and the love of the Father - "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40 NKJV HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment