Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Chronicles of Amazing Mema #21

Although Mom always insisted that she never felt lonely or depressed there were surely times during all those years she lived alone that she had to fight off the temptation to feel kind of sorry for her situation. She was never a brooding kind of person and always was able to see the bright side of virtually every situation. I see that side of her as she sat down to write the following on Christmas Eve morning (7:15 a.m.) 1998. She gave her entry the title - "SUNUP"

"Sitting in our home has its great moments - very peaceful and breathtaking beauty. For example, on this eve of December 25th, I see the very beautiful day breaking as the BIG SUN rises over the hill on our homeplace. When I was growing up here I didn't notice as closely as now - sitting in our living room watching God at work for us all. My prayer is continuously of THANKS and now I'm living on my knees every daybreak.
What blessings flow and I have the greatest place to see so much around me. My Dad and Mom always talked about a South Marshall community and it now is just what they predicted, and our lovely family are all in the middle of it. We have always been surrounded by love and may the Lord bless and keep us forever his. Let our light shine as the Everlasting Sunup!!"

Contentment is a gift from God, the result of a solid faith based in knowledge of God's word and long experience of his care and love. Every stage of life produces its own set of challenges and often the leftover baggage from each stage can pile on more and more discontent. BUT, a person of real faith will always get back to that place of peace because faith and fear or anger or depression cannot reside in the same heart for very long. At some point we have to confront our discontent with the simple question, "AM I A PERSON OF FAITH OR NOT?"

I am deeply grateful to God my Father that Amazing Mema remained a true person of faith through some difficult challenges and has lived her last years without any fear or anger or depression. Even now at almost 92, living every day surrounded by so much that can be deeply depressing, she always has a smile and a word of love and encouragement to all who come in contact with her. She is more amazing now than ever. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment