Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NO LONGER A COWARD

"WHEN I CALLED, YOU ANSWERED ME; YOU MADE ME BOLD AND STOUTHEARTED." Psalm 138:3 NIV
I love these words of David because they mirror my own experience. I don't think I have ever really thought of myself as a "coward" but "bold" and "stouthearted" might be a bit above the reality. David's words seem to imply that, like me, he experienced a fearful hesitancy at times. There is certainly no shortage of risks and dangers as we stumble through life, and fear can be a healthy warning sign.
For people of faith, fear is an illusion. Although some of the things we fear come to pass, our worst fears rarely do. And in those times when you say, "I was afraid this would happen", doesn't it turn out not to be as devastating as you thought? Fear is Satan's most effective control button, but for people of God, faith ALWAYS rises to the top to smother that fear - ALWAYS!
Read David's words again and try to recall some moment in your own life when God did the very same thing for you. Pick up your Bible and read Jesus' words in the garden that fearful night before he went to the cross. Then read Luke 22:43.
Our Father is still in the business of making his people "bold and stouthearted". I can testify. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment