Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Monday, July 26, 2010

LIFE CAN BE UNPREDICTABLE - BUT.........

Life is good! I hear that from folks just about every day and even say those words myself. Why? Because it's true, life IS good! Well, maybe not every minute of every day of every year, but when I step back and take a broader look, I see my Father's hand in my life.
At Psalm 139, David seems to have that same sense but he also seems to be struggling a bit with some inner challenge. At v:7-12 he sings about the impossibility of hiding from God's Holy Spirit, day or night. I don't think he is really trying to hide from God because he affirms there is no such place, but he seems to write this song to be sung as a form of praise to God and directs it to the "choirmaster". He wants his people to fully appreciate God's love for and care of his people. Then he affirms, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before even one of them came to be."
I am quite certain God hasn't "ordained" every decision I have made and every action I have undertaken because too many times I have ignored what I knew was God's will and went my own way. But, he never gave up on me, even at my worst. He just kept leading me to a better place - his place for me.
So, even though life at it's best is unpredictable and can shift in a blink, the one constant that keeps me grounded is the presence of God and the constant comfort of his Spirit. He's been there all along, watching for the right moment to step into my life and make just the right adjustments to get me back on the path he has ordained for me. That path will always be Jesus. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment