Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LIFTING UP MY HANDS TO PRAISE GOD

At Exodus 29 God gave Moses very specific instructions about the offering of the daily sacrifices, one in the morning and the other in the evening at twilight. He called it "a pleasing aroma, an offering made to the Lord by fire." (v:41)
About a thousand years later, David wrote these words for the people of Israel to sing to God during their worship, "O Lord, I call to you; come quickly to me. Hear my voice when I call to you. May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting of my hands be like the evening sacrifice." Psalm 141:1-2
It is almost certain that the practice Moses initiated continued as long as the tabernacle survived but after Joshua and his generation had died, most likely so did the practice of morning and evening sacrifice. The practice may have been revived by Samuel because David certainly was familiar with the ancient ways. He set out to revise the practice of worship and his songs contributed immeasurably to the success of his nation during his reign. They still speak to men and women of faith.
I feel honored and deeply grateful to David for teaching me to love and worship God in an ancient way that truly gives him praise. God loves the expressions of joy we feel in his presence and he surely loves to hear us sing David's songs that take us all the way back to the days of Moses. How blessed we are to be loved by a Father who listens when we call out to him and lift our hands to praise him. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment