Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Monday, October 22, 2012

"A Praising and Glorious Life"

Learning how to live is a risky journey through some scary swamps and more than a few minefields. Some never figure it all out and end up self destructing in one way or another. And that isn't just true of substance abusers, career criminals, crooked politicians, immoral ministers etc, etc., the list could go on into infinity. All of us have to learn to see beyond what is to what can be and allow that knowledge to guide us to a better, truly secure place.

These words speak to my spirit and I pray to yours also:

          "It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before
           we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs
           on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything
           and everyone.
           It's in Christ that you, once you heard the truth and believed it (this message of
          of your slavation), found yourselves home free -- signed, sealed and delivered by the
          Holy Spirit. This signet from God is the first installment on what's coming, a
          a reminder that we'll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious
          life." Ephesians 1:11-14 MSG

After I left home for military service, my Mom wrote to me every week and sent me the church bulletin. She always encouraged me to read the Bible she and Dad had given me before I left. She never wavered, but I certainly did. I wrote her occasionally and in one way or another explained to her that the Bible doesn't have all the answers to what we face in the "real world". She ignored my youthful ignorance and just kept on. Years later, after I returned home, I sat with her often and thanked her for all the ways she kept me close enough to who I had always been to find my way back.

In a recent conversation with a mother whose daughter was raised like I was, as a Christian, but has since gone away from actively practicing that faith, that sweet mother asked me if I thought the Holy Spirit was still in her daughter. I told her, "ABSOLUTELY!" and one day he will touch her heart in a special way and gently lead her back to where she knows life truly exists, in Christ. We've agreed to pray for this outcome.

"A praising and glorious life" is available to us in Jesus through his Spirit regardless, but keeping that kind of focus is a challenge. The teen years, dating, marriage, parenting, pursuing a successful career, elder care and finally old age each bring their own set of unique challenges. I am now entering that final stage and can look back on the ups and downs and see that because of Jesus and with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, I have the greatest sense of security I have ever known.

I praise You, my true Father, for giving me what this world never could, a praising and glorious life in your Son and a true guarantee of forever life through your Spirit.     HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment