Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Thursday, September 2, 2010

POLITICS AS USUAL

Politicians obviously haven't changed much from David's time to today. I guess it has always been true that "power tends to corrupt - absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely". David wrote - "How long will you assault a man? Would all of you throw him down - this leaning wall, this tottering fence? They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place; they take delight in lies. With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse." Psalm 62:3-4 NIV
David reigned as King a little over 40 years with the constant threat of tyranny from his own countrymen. They were typical of men today who have a little power and always plan to have bigger power. A little power in the hands of a small person can become a nightmare because they're always looking for any weakness or perceived mistake they can exploit to further their own agenda. Like David said, they speak well of you and to your face but their hearts are always plotting for their own success.
Politicians aren't necessarily a menace to society, well some are I guess, but small minded people with a little power always have dreams of bigger power. Democracy has always been pretty messy, even from the earliest days of our great country, but right always finds a way to overcome.
David understood, he wrote "Find rest in God, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:5-6
People of true faith in God understand the ultimate source of all power. It isn't in the halls of Congress or in the hands of election polls nor even in the President. All power finally comes from the Creator of heaven and earth. It's true that a good person can be fired for a bad reason or voted out of office or even assassinated, but their goodness and faith will always win out at some point.
From David's time to our own, our Almighty Father is fully committed to the success of his plans and his people. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment