Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Thursday, September 16, 2010

CAN'T SEE YOUR WAY THROUGH?

The daily human experience is often frustrating, disappointing, infuriating, depressing etc, etc, etc. We all have good days and not so good days and totally disastrous days. Stuff happens that can turn a good day into the equivalent of walking a tightrope across the Grand Canyon. Not exactly the GC experience we expect.
But, as we travel the road hour to hour, day to day, the years rush by with increasing speed and all people of real faith reach this point - "PILE YOUR TROUBLES ON GOD'S SHOULDERS - HE'LL CARRY YOUR LOAD, HE'LL HELP YOU OUT. HE'LL NEVER LET GOOD PEOPLE TOPPLE INTO RUIN .... AND I TRUST IN YOU." Psalm 55:22 MSG
I kinda think Peter may have been singing David's song just before he wrote his own version - "HUMBLE YOURSELVES THEREFORE UNDER GOD'S MIGHTY HAND THAT HE MAY LIFT YOU UP IN GOOD TIME. CAST ALL YOUR ANXIETY ON HIM BECAUSE HE CARES FOR YOU." 1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV
Bad days tend to produce bad moods which usually turn into bad decisions. And that result can bleed over into the next hour or the next day or a lifetime. I really like how Eugene Peterson interpreted Peter's next statement - "KEEP A COOL HEAD. STAY ALERT. THE DEVIL IS POISED TO POUNCE AND WOULD LIKE NOTHING MORE BETTER THAN TO CATCH YOU NAPPING." 1 Peter 5:8 MSG
Now if I can only remember that when I'm having a bad time of it. If you look closely you can always detect Satan's footprint in your bad moods and their accompanying decisions. I'm sure happy to know God is on my side. HALLELUJAH!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for those thoughts. You said it so well. You know I needed that kind of encouragement the last two days. Satan can try to step on me. I must remember to quickly get out of the way and put Satan behind me. Thank you and God keeping me looking forward:)

    ReplyDelete