Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

THE PREACHER'S NEW LAWNMOWER

I like a good preacher story. Here is one I heard recently that made me laugh all day. A preacher was riding his bike and came upon a young boy sitting beside the road with a lawnmower. "Whatcha' doin' son?" he asked. "Well sir, I'm hopin' to make enough money to buy me a bicycle." Always eager to help out a fellow traveler the preacher said, "Just so happens I need a lawnmower, how about we trade?" "Well" said the boy,"let me try out that bicycle." So he hopped on and rode the bike down the road a short distance. "Okay", he said, "its a deal." The preacher said, "Let me try out that lawnmower." So he pulled and pulled and pulled, but the lawnmower wouldn't start. The preacher looked up at the boy and said, "Son this lawnmower wont start." "Well sir" the boy replied, "you gotta do some cussin'." "Do some cussin?, the preacher said. "Son I'm a preacher and I haven't cussed in so long I have forgotten how." The boy looked at him and said, "You just keep pullin' on that rope and it'll come back to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment