Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Friday, June 3, 2011

"I Hate Life!"

Yeah, sometimes "life" can be like that.

Solomon wrote - "When I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind, nothing was gained under the sun." Ecclesiastes 2:11
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being wise? I said in my heart, 'This too is meaningless...like the fool the wise man too must die'. So, I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind." v:15-17 NIV

Every person who has lived long enough can surely testify that "Life is pointless - I hate my life!" We all experience those times in a dark valley of black despair when all we have done appears meaningless, those days when nothing seems to work out for our good.

I believe Solomon is writing out of a faithless perspective because that was the prevailing sentiment among unbelievers. And, it's still true, life is meaningless if we ignore the love of our Father and the certain hope offered to us in Jesus Christ.
Our total inability to control everything in our life leaves every life wide open to results and consequences that can seem hopeless. That is the BIG LIE Satan wants us to buy into and he works overtime to pile on more and more devastation. Satan is the enemy that creates all the chaos in our life.

Here is what I have come to know from personal experience and many years of watching and listening to countless others - people of real faith refuse to wallow around in self pity for very long. The Holy Spirit just will not allow it! At some point, faith rises to the top and even when things don't work out the way we wanted, we are still able to trust God to help us see past the "meaningless" nature of it all.

There is always MORE that none of us knows, only God does and only his Holy Spirit can help us see what we cant see. That's the power of faith, it always points us forward. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment