Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

God Knows - Yes He Does!

Psalm 139 is one of David's most personal and intimate prayers to God. Every line contains a personal pronoun as he proclaims his absolute confidence in the loving care of the God he felt a close personal connection with.
"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit down and when I rise. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O Lord." Psalm 139:1-4 NIV
Jesus came to show us the very personal nature of God as a Father who is involved in the lives of his kids. He's always been involved, but until Jesus, men seem to have not felt God's daily, powerful presence. Many OT authors wrote similar testimonies about God, but they didn't really understand what it all meant. David seems to be very comfortable in the knowledge that God knew it all. He wrote out of a deep sense of gratitude rather than the fear that seems to always lie underneath what the prophets wrote.
Now that we have the broad outpouring of his Holy Spirit and the sure testimony of Jesus and his Apostles, we can see God and experience the daily presence of God as our Father, the ONE who loves us and whose grace is always greater than any of our mistakes and failures. So, we can live daily in the personal presence of God without being afraid to make a mistake. Of course if we live in the mistaken belief that God's grace gives us the green light to live a sinful life in rebellion against his words, we're right back in the rocky boat with God's OT family.
David continued, "You hem me in behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain." Psalm 139:5-6
I'm right there with David. I may not be able to totally grasp the significance of God's hand upon me but I sure can feel it in my spirit and that feeling is truly awesome. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment