Powered By Blogger

Happy To Welcome You To The Hallelujah Chorus

I will exalt you my God, the King, I will praise your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise you and exalt your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:1-2

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DOES GOD ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT ME?

On a sunny Friday afternoon in 2003 I discovered something that has radically altered my view of God as my Father. At Luke 10, Jesus appointed seventy two disciples to go ahead of Him into every city where He planned to minister. He gave them power to battle with Satan wherever they went and instructed them about what to do and say as they went from city to city. When they returned they were excitedly sharing with Him what they experienced, "Lord even the demons are subject to us in your name!" But Jesus told them, "Do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20
That statement really created an earthquake in my spirit. I have come to think of it in a more personal way, that God carries my picture in His wallet, He knows who I am. Someone had to write my name in heaven, maybe an angel, maybe the Holy Spirit, I don't know who, but it thrills my entire being to realize Jahweh knows my name. HALLELUJAH!
David wrote, "You have multiplied O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell them, yet they are more than can be told." Psalm 40:5
What an indescribable joy and absolute privilege to serve a God whose thoughts about me and actions for me are more than can be told. Just the thought that God has written my name before Him is almost more than my spirit can handle. There is more to praise God for than I will ever be able to understand much less tell to others, but like David, I will keep trying. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment